Listening and Counselling Skills Course (5 weeks)
Course Duration: 5 weeks (5 sessions of 5 hours each)
Venue: Discovery Centre, Columbia Way, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 2LA
Course Tutors: Sharon Wilkinson (M.A., Psychotherapist) and Amanda Goss (M.A., Psychotherapist). Members of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Do you work in a caring profession and want to improve your communication skills? Are you a Manager or Supervisor who wants to get the best from your staff? Do you have members of staff who would benefit from enhancing their communication skills? Would you like to learn more about listening and counselling skills? Do you often find yourself listening to people who are in difficult situations and want to improve your ability to help them? Would your workplace benefit from improved personal or professional relationships? Would enhanced communication skills help with your career progression?
If you have answered yes to any of the above, this is the course for you!
This course will revolutionise your practical listening skills, help to improve your relationships and communication skills, as well as providing an opportunity for personal development.
You will learn:
- to listen and respond appropriately to the experiences of others, and reflect on the way you communicate;
- non-verbal communication, summarising, active listening and responding;
- to listen and respond in a variety of situations;
- to recognise and use the skills of active listening;
- to have confidence in your ability to deal with difficult situations;
- to identify personal values, prejudices and influences;
- to identify key aspects of personal growth;
- to relate actively in the group;
- to give and receive constructive feedback
- to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation.
Teaching and Learning Methods
- Tutor Presentation;
- Guided experiential work in large and small groups;
- Role Play exercises;
- Written reflection on practice;
- Learning from listening to others experiences;
- Peer and Tutor feedback.
A Certificate will be issued upon completion of all five sessions, a short written assignment and a practical assessment.
For more information please contact:
Tel: Amanda Goss: 07760669246 / Sharon Wilkinson: 07805836285